Procul Affectu

Procul Affectu

This distant feeling, 
I write about fleeting birds canvasing the beautiful sun setting evening, 
watch them soar above all. 
Imagine myself the canvas, 
the birds my thoughts take flight, 
my minds eye entangled in twine. 
I want to scream and shout the sand into submission, each grain a moment, 
when I felt at a loss, 
not in line with myself, 
not able to distinguish my dreams from the things before me. 

This distant feeling, 
makes my heart yearn for lost memories, 
lost thoughts, 
and choices, 
makes me want to relieve past failures hoping for the perfect outcome. 
Isn't it normal to crave the ideal fairytale?
Isn't it normal to wish myself a happy ending? 
to wish the sadness of loss a distant memory, 
washed away by the seas only see the sand castles in my midst. 
Feel the breeze in my face the warmth on my hands, and the regrets sip through the scattered sands for once, 
feel my mind at peace, 
not corrupted by the barrage of constant torment, built up in a place lacking self love or forgiveness. 

That distant feeling, 
a mind drifting, 
the skies vast and the sun receding, 
if only this once, 
let my happy memories last, 
this one moment, 
let my distant feeling feel a little close. 




25/05/22✔️

"Procul Affectu" Latin meaning "distant feeling" 

"Ars longa, vita brevis."


Comments

Good reads