Somnium Civitatis

Somnium Civitatis
I haven't been able to write anything tangible lately yet I stand here before your radiant presence, 
flowing like a river gently under the gaze of your beautiful eyes. 
My weak self in awe of your smile, lost in time, at loss of breath with each fading high. 

How nice it must feel to be loved by you, 
to be the source of your warmth yet seek the source each time over and over again around you. 
To be the reason for my good days and be the calm on my worst ones, 
to be the star, sun, my breath in each instance my whole existence. 
Cherish your warmth, lose myself with each kiss explore your body,
each time feel the thrill of a new adventure. 
Find pleasure and comfort in your darkest wants. 
Pour my soul into each moment spent. 
To lay here close to you in the aftermath of our raw desires and crave each feeling of moments ago, 
do the same over and over again till our bodies give out,
wake in our own embrace, finding happiness in that known fact, 
what love making should feel like, 
what being slave to thoughts of you does to me,
what our bodies engulfed in flame must feel like, 
how nice it does feel to be loved by you, 
how calming it feels to gaze upon your body unclothed under the moonlit night, 
fall asleep in my own weakness in awe of your face an innocence. 
Me lost in time with each slowing breath I take.


18/02/22✔️

"Somnium Civitatis" is Latin for "Dream state" 

"Ars longa, vita brevis."

Comments

Good reads