Occulta desideria

Occulta desideria

The dark lays close to me,
like the sun didn't come by today,
didn't rise high enough to warm the morning dew off peach tree leaves,
didn't leave traces of all the stories the night held. 

I, the witness, the sun my judge, 
the wind all the whispers I'd let slip out and had tried to grab closer, 
they like cockroaches scampering around each one of them I want,
I can't not look or listen to you and not feel anything inside. 
I cannot fathom how waterless seas would ease the shadows laying close to me. 

Living life through the looking glass, 
I see your smile as vividly as the sun's rays shine, 
to touch skin, 
to make this weakness feel like a never ending high. 
Your love language pours out in waves,
each one of them a resurrection, 
this feeling inside me, now an unknown. 
I lay here thinking the sun rises for you because why not if not for your glowing smile, 
if not for a radiance to rival its own. 
Your voice like rain drops over a slow nighty a soothing rhythm as our skin melts into each others arms, 
wish the night never ends. 
Crave the stars in each other's eyes, 
and sin a guilt we'd commit again and again. 

You, the witness, 
the moon your judge, 
the wind all the whispers you'd let slip out and had tried to grab closer, 
further in and crave. 
This darkness that lays close to us, 
like the sun won't come by today, 
won't rise high enough to warm the morning feels off of our skin, 
won't leave traces of all the stories in this night all of it was made. 



05/10/2021✔️

'Occulta desideria' is Latin for 'Hidden desires'

"Ars longa, vita brevis."

Comments

Good reads