Poetry describing love in a broken place

You live in a space where love and hate are the same thing, 
a sad place felt ever close each time the waves hit...my shore, 
in a place that was once safe - that now isn't. 
You've waited this long, 
you let the sun rise and set, drunk on a life you'd thought you had, 
something your mind dreamt into existence, 
a mirror image of the veins that flow through you, 
if your life happened to be cut short. 

Like slow deep breaths...not fully there,
but just there - enough to make you feel alive,
Relieved, for a small vague moment you had it,
in it's truest most colorful form. 
Home was close, 
and nowhere could have shown brighter then as it did here, in a fragile place. 
This broken reflection of the things I didn't see in front of me, 
how naive I was. 
Truly.

How sorry my limbs felt, 
the first steps the hardest after. 
To be burned with wild desire for someone that was never even yours, to begin with. 

How sorry my limbs felt, to hold your hands tight each time... Every second, like it was something heavy to be lost - it was, and I wasn't wrong. 
So in a way, I told you so!

The words that tumbled down my gaping mouth,
the first time I'd let you in with a "hey miss",
when we'd chased rainbows the journey together, 
and had hoped the end would be a place of gold. 
I got sold on that dream - but it wasn't.
Now don't get me wrong maybe us wasn't the best thing to be, 
maybe some puzzles could never simply just fit, 
like our hands did that night...maybe I was put together wrong - something in me amiss. 
I know all this doesn't really make sense, 
For you, for me,
a soul too darkened to ever be found in good health, 
So I write poetry daily... To describe love in my heart... A broken place. 




25/03/20✔️

Comments

Post a Comment

Good reads