These words... are poetry

These words...are poetry

These words are magic, listen to them preach wishes to you.
These words are all the pain, flow through your veins on the gloomiest days. 
These words remind you, 
you could have it any other way, 
but the moon still rises.

And I tell you there's days when your world becomes a shell, 
that you call home, 
because it was what you feel is close to home.
Cold, silent, 
lifeless, where what haunts you is their voice, 
their voice the whispers in your head at night that kept you awake. 
I call myself a hypocrite,
because I knew you were the one to break me, 
the first time I saw you, 
I knew you were the one to break me. 

I feel myself pathetic because I'd fallen in love, 
with the feeling of picking up the broken pieces in my hands, 
my thoughts, each time, 
you were the one to break me.

My eyes now live in solitude because in every place I'd look it's only you that I'd see. 
Every happy ever after started with us sailing towards the sunset horizon across the sea, 
but my O.C.D wouldn't allow me this peace, 
to listen to the waves, 
to hear them take us someplace safe, 
to not be here, 
to not feel this way at least. 
"I love you...for now" is what you should have said. 
And that your kisses were an overly complex advert to a life you couldn't afford to me. 
Or that our late night chats were just a lullaby for you to fall asleep in bed, 
or that maybe your promises, were just that... words, 
a dried up emotion that could have soaked up the sea, 
we never made it to everything we'd hoped we could be. 
Maybe patience wasn't a key we'd had, 
maybe love wasn't there to begin with. 
The memories we had as real as day, but love, 
love wasn't there to begin with. 
Her words now leaves shed, 
the memories a virus soon to turn into disease.

I, the cure to myself, 
to something I now know was imaginary, just colour and dreams, 
her words the beginning to every sad love story. 
These words are poetry, I remember the things she said,
the path that led me here, 
to this sad sad poetry.


24/07/19✅

Comments

Good reads