Mirrored words

Mirrored words

Dear lover, I'm here for you. 
To put pen to paper, 
to remind you of all the songs my heart sings when you're close by. 
For this braille to no longer be unheard, 
for me to recite to you the words unsaid. 
Dear lover, I'm here for you.

To remind you that what was gone, will remain there, 
but I'm here. 
Like always, 
and what grows here darkness cannot take without fear, 
let my warmth bring words to you sincere, 
upon the frontier imagine my desire for you ride horses majestic enough whose galloping approach the thrum of my beating heart, 
or maybe like magic say abracadabra, believe, 
and watch our love appear.
Out of the ashes of a past gone, 
the path behind you, 
the signs they say the same,
dear lover I'm here.

Wishing, 
I'd wake up to you, 
each morning after you'd chased the shadows away.
Ignoring everything the past said, 
in your arms I'd feel weightless like the stars seemed, 
that night we kissed, 
and I'd fallen in love with butterflies in my stomach that ached, for you, 
to notice me a little more, 
to know deep down that this is your home, 
to know that this is your place.

So you'd call home each night just to listen to my voice at 2 in the morning and you know I'd sleep happy, 
like what smiles should mean,
like how I feel when on the loneliest days you'd look me in the eyes like you'd seen the sun in me. 
Let me be your ex lovers ghost, 
a metaphor for a past that's dead, 
in a world were none of our problems exist. 
Just us tasting our loving words on each other's lips,
feeding on each other's want for this, 
dear lover, I hope my feelings wash over you like waves upon an open shore from the seas.
Dear lover, I've been here for you. 
I've put pen to paper, 
to remind you of all the songs my heart sings when you've been close by. 
When this braille was no longer unheard, 
for me right now to recite to you the words unsaid. 
Dear lover, I'm still here for you.


31/07/19✅

Comments

Good reads