My Long Walk Home Alone

My Long Walk Home Alone

This is an I miss you poem.
Something that I wanted to do,
the words to this poem that I already knew, 
I wrote this poem because I still love you. 
And I'd say that to your face,
at the exact moment the sun starts to set, 
the suns radiance the ambiance to these words my I miss you spelled. 
Listen to these words, 
and ignore the heart beat sound in the background, 
it's just so hard to find words that describe you - that is besides you're perfect.


I miss you. 
Like how the sun misses the morning blooms. 
Like how there's always room in the sky, 
to enjoy the sun, 
even though theirs only one sun.


I miss you, 
I miss how my eyes keep yearning to see you again soon. 
Like the night, 
it feels lonely without the moon. 
I miss your smile, 
how everytime I'd see butterflies, 
it'd remind me of each time I'd feel. 
And I'd feel the sunlight on my skin, 
and feel warmer still, 
because the words you said were never just sound to me they felt so very real. 
Let my words be sea shells for you, 
so you'd listen to my ocean of words that I cannot reveal - to you perfectly. 


You're an exquisite art, 
the morning sun, a flowers bloom, 
you're beautiful, is all I'm saying, 
besides I miss you, 
and all the warmth I'd want to give you, 
you're beautiful, is all I'm saying. 
What I should have said, 
is I'm sorry, 
for being a shadow over the love you had for me, 
for not being there for you, 
for not being the guy of your dreams, 
or at least closer to that, 
I miss you so much, 
I really do, 
and even though you might not feel the same, 
I don't know, 
I'll take a long walk alone,
hoping maybe one day you'd join me too.



21/07/19

Comments

Post a Comment

Good reads