Baseless sentiments
Baseless sentiments
I feel myself afloat an ocean of dark ink,
that depicts the words I never said.
Cut out from my wrists to trickle slowly down upon my weary bloody fists,
I know you know,
that I never said a single word through it all,
but thought only that I deserve this.
Like the suns loving warmth didn't make me feel like the ever glowing radiance I was told I'd become.
Like I was made of clay,
to show the world that it could be done.
And it was,
and I am...me.
I stay afloat,
these dreams that I made up.
To show the world that I didn't drown in the words I never spoke.
Be more than just a disappearing ghost that mapped his existence in the words he wrote.
The ink a disguise.
I meant stay woke,
see the fading yellow that I painted on my black,
to hide the scars from the past lives that I had.
I call them lives because each time you'd hurt me I'd lose a bit more of myself.
And I'd grip on tightly to my lifeless pen to write nothing to no one cares but...me.
I see the shadows to the words I should have spoke,
and in my head the darkness grows.
I now taste the blood in my mouth,
feel the cuts within my veins,
from all the glass I'd taken in because you fed me ceramic lies,
I blame your world.
For not seeing the maps I'd given to mark the X on my pain,
the connect the dots lines I left in the letters I wrote,
and the salt at the corners of my loving eyes,
I expected you to know.
And not look at me like I was just being me,
I didn't cut myself to prove a point,
but to show you that I bleed in red.
I'm not the marble sculpture you thought you'd carved.
I'm starting to sink,
holding out my hand to the voices that said I mattered,
and really meant every word of it.
Those that held up knives,
carved their hopes with malice upon this layer of regret... misheard...not me-side you thought you knew.
I'm starting to drown.
I feel the ink filter through the cracks of my mistakes,
I blame your world.
I blame this ocean of regret that I found myself a meal to be swallowed,
to the ends of it's depths,
I feel less of me now.
And now I stand here,
upon the shore heavy,
with an anchor on my back.
The reflection in the water I see is of my enemies.
The image in the waters I see,
is me.
29/11/18✅




Wow, this is very good.
ReplyDeleteThanks for checking it out ๐.
DeleteWell expressed...lovely. ๐๐๐๐๐ฏ
ReplyDeleteCheck out more of my work I'm sure you'll like too. Thanks so much for checking this one out.
Delete