Two halves of a broken vase: this is a letter to you Evangeline

Two halves of a broken vase: this is a letter to you Evangeline

Dear Evangeline,
Hi.
I send my essence in said words, so you could feel my hurt again.
Not my naked heart but my hurt.
Like that puppy purchased by that neglecting soul, I'm hurt.
Like being scolded at a young age by mom again because of that homework I left undone, I'm hurt.
Spent, probably because even that lonely abused child crying in her room at night knows my pain also, I'm hurt.
I'm hurt,
dear Evangeline because you said forever not once but enough to fill up an eternity. Externally built up like that Trojan horse from the odyssey,
it lit up,
like my anxiety did when you said let's talk.
I felt the burns.
That picture of you and I smouldering in those dancing flames.
Bemused,
I stood there stone walled, deep in thought.
Picturing that mouthful of lies that celibate talk nonsense you served up for him to eat, while you gave me the buffet.
You his fruit basket but you gave your cherries away.
Concealed under cloak and dagger.
Taken away, like that man did to you without your consent.
I'm sorry for men being men,
but why frame a bad picture on your white wall like it's the one trophy to your complaints.
You like head.
Even though that mental coin you flipped around didn't leave you on top.
Just tails.
When you decided the best way,
was for his best friend,
to try his best at taking away your hurt.
Orgasmic with the details when you told your friends.
I hurt my friend.
You and I curled up in the bed you and he shared after you ended up on top, of me.
My back scarred by pleasure when you gripped tightly with your nails.
You cheated.
He said it's fine, as long as he still heard from you those heartfelt lies--I love you.
It seems you and I are just two whirlwinds trapped in shells,
raging with force untill it snaps or breaks.
I learnt,
picking up those shads of broken glass, in my hands--a failed friendship, that you can fix something that's been broken but you'll forever see the cracks.
Goodbye.

✅ 04/01/18

Comments

  1. Deep piece of art. Am reading, all of them if I can manage. Keep up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you managed and thanks I would like to read more of your work, maybe a book😁😉.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Good reads